Brew your own version of a New England IPA or Juicy IPA at home.
- Makes 5 gallons
- Estimated Original Gravity:1.062-66
- SRM (Color Range): 4.5
- IBU’s: 28.4
- SRM: 4.5
- Estimated Alcohol Percentage: 6.4%
- Ready to Drink Within: 2-4 Weeks
- 10 lbs 2-Row Pale
- 1 lb Flaked Oats
- 1 lb Flaked Wheat
- 8 oz Carapils Malt
- 8 oz Wheat Malt
- 4 oz Honey Malt
- 0.5 oz Warrior – Boil 60 min
- 1 oz Citra – Boil Last 5 min
- 2 oz Mosaic (Whole Cone) – Added at Flame Out
- 1 oz Citra – Added at Flame Out
- 2 oz Mosaic – Dry hop added on day 3 of fermentation
- 1 oz Citra – Dry hop added on day 3 of fermentation
- 1 oz Mosaic – Dry hop added after primary fermentation & 3 days before packaging
- 2 oz Citra – Dry hop added after primary fermentation & 3 days before packaging
Two options for dry hopping.
After 2 days of fermentation add the first addition of dry hops for 5 days. Then add the second addition into the same fermenter for another 4 days.
Method 2: After the first addition of dry hops is over rack the beer into a secondary fermenter and add the second addition. Mesh bag for dry hopping recommended. Mash at 153°F. Ferment at 70°F.
(Shop for your brewing ingredients online at homebrewing.org).